Name: Sølve Sundsbø
Profession: Photographer and filmmaker
Questionnaire: Sølve Sundsbø
Describe yourself in a single sentence?
– I wish I could.
What is the first thing you usually think about when you wake up?
– Coffee and then I ask myself why I didn’t go to bed earlier…
What would you never do in bed?
If you could give your younger self any advice what would it be?
What do you do when nobody looks?
What are you teaching your children?
– To be kind.
Who do you look up to?
– People who are able to be happy with who they are and let it reflect in how well they treat other people.
Why do you create?
– Because I have to.
As a photographer you press the shutter, but is it you who captures the moment or the moment that captures you?
– When it’s good, it’s both
To what extent do you trust people?
– Too much and I am proud of it.
What’s your favorite dessert?
– The next one
What is your favorite book and why?
– 'Labyrinths' by Jorge Luis Borges.
The word creativity, what does it mean to you?
– Crativity has become a word associated with art, design, fashion etc. Its too restrictive to do that I think. Creativity is a basic human skill. We all have it and you find it everywhere in society.
What do you think about sports?
– Can’t live without it
What’s your most twisted fantasy?
– Do you think I would tell you that……
What historical event fascinates you the most?
– History in general interest me to the point that I considered it a career option. So hard to choose. I’ll rephrase it and say that History fascinates me the most.
Name your favourite restaurant?
– The one where you are with good friends and or family. Everyone is relaxed and in the moment. The food has to be good but the company and atmosphere is essential. If I had to chose, there is a small taverna on a beach in Greece where I would have lunch every day if I could chose.
Is there anything else you would like to tell us?
– Relax, be kind, sleep more.
Photography: Sølve Sundsbø, London, April, 2021. Photography Portrait: Jimmylinus/d2magasin