Name: Sevil Peach
Profession: Architect and Interior Designer
Location: London / Istanbul
Questionnaire: Sevil Peach
Describe yourself in a single sentence?
– Too complex to describe in a single sentence, but a people person.
What is the first thing you think about when you wake up?
– Will there be sunshine when I open the blinds and is the coffee ready?
Describe your bedroom. What objects do you surround yourself with?
– Our bed looks out to a magnificent Loquat tree my mother planted many years ago that blossoms at Christmas and gives us fruit in the summer. I have a wall of family photos, I like to see them when I wake up. There is a fireplace which is nice to have on winter days. On the other side is a wall with paintings, jewellery and memorabilia that are hung in a random way. I like the narrative.
Do you have a special routine before going to bed?
– Not really. Putting on cashmere bed socks and then kicking them off within minutes.
If you could give your younger self any advice what would it be?
– Trust your instincts.
How much luck have you had in life?
– Lots, but I think I made my luck through courage and hard work.
Is talent something you’re born with or something you can learn?
– Some are born with it, for others it is something you learn. In my case, I learned.
What are you working on right now?
– A new Office building for Rolex in New York in collaboration with David Chipperfield Architects.
Do you listen to music when you work? If you do, what music? If don’t why?
– It varies from Billie Holiday to Bob Marley, Bach to Satie depending on the mood.
What inspires you?
– The work in hand.
What historical event fascinates you the most?
– My grandparents flight from Azerbaijan to Persia and then to Turkey during the Russian Revolution.
What is your most twisted fantasy?
– I am not sure if this qualifies as being twisted but diving into a clear turquoise sea where you can see the bottom.
Having clean, beautifully ironed sheets every night.
Is there anything else you would like to tell us?
– Only over dinner.
Photography, Sevil Peach, London, 2021.