Name: Roxane Danset
Profession: Creative director, stylist, Fashion consultant and Fashion director.
Location: New York City
Age: Don't ask a lady
Questionnaire: Roxane Danset.
Describe yourself in a single sentence?
– Aesthete not afraid to get hands dirty.
What is your last thought before falling asleep?
– List of missions that need to happen the next day.
What is the first thing you think about when you wake up?
– World peace.
What are you working on right now?
– The next issue of Public Editions, a musical gallery performance and a summer cottage.
Why do you create?
– To avoid therapy, to please myself, to make something I want to see out in the world.
To what extent do you trust people?
– About as far as I can throw them.
What do you do when nobody looks?
– Plan how to get them to look.
What is your most twisted fantasy?
– A little house with a white picket fence and 3.5 children.
What historical event fascinates you the most?
– When prometheus brought fire to men.
Talent, is that something your born with or something you can learn?
– Talent is probably randomly dispersed in the population but means and exposure or being able to project yourself doing something are not.
Who do you look up to?
– Louise Bourgeois.
What makes you cry?
What’s your favourite dessert?
– Chocolate pudding.
Is there anything else you would like to tell us?
– Yes, i want to talk about photographer Jenna Westra. Jenna Westra is a New York based artist working in photography and film. Westra’s work has been the subject of solo exhibitions at Lubov, New York, NY (2020), Fahrenheit, Madrid, ES (2019), Schwarz Contemporary, Berlin, DE (2019), Anthony Greaney, Boston, MA (2019); and Lubov, New York, NY (2018). Notable group shows include The Court, Pascara, IT (2019) and L21, Mallorca, ES (2019). Her work has been published or reviewed in The New York Times, The New Yorker, Aperture, i-D, AnOther, Der Tagesspeigel, True Photo Journal, The Boston Globe, Camera Austria, among more publications. Her first monograph was published by Hassla in 2020. Westra will present a solo exhibition at Schwarz Contemporary, Berlin, DE in May of 2021.
Photography, Jenna Westra, New York, March 2021.