Name: Richie Shazam
Location: Brooklyn, New York.
Profession: Photographer and model
Questionnaire: Richie Shazam
Describe yourself in a single sentence?
– A multifaceted glam goddess, stomping to her own beat ~ breaking hearts on the way.
What is your last thought before falling asleep?
– Racing anxieties about finishing projects. Hoping for an even better new day, fresh start.
What is the first thing you think about when you wake up?
– Plotting my food diaries ~ finding the perfect concoction in the kitchen to satiate my appetite.
If you could give your younger self any advice what would it be?
– Patience is a virtue~ enjoy each day and don’t sit in your nerves, be an active participant and engage in every interaction with curious eyes.
What are you working on right now?
– Taking lots of photos ~ engulfed in my exploration of photography and learning about myself in the process.
Is talent something you’re born with or something you can learn?
– Both!!!! Always starts with a desire, hunger to learn and put yourself in uncomfortable situations, lean into discomfort and give all of yourself..
What do you think about sports?
– Respect for the discipline and love the intricate uniforms.
What’s your biggest load?
– My workload is crazy, but my load of laundry post travel is always the most intense.
What is your favourite book and why?
– Holes by Louis Sachar ~ the redemption of the protagonist always makes me the most happy.
To what extend do you trust people?
– Very trusting, always give myself freely to people and creating intimacy is of upmost importance.
What do you do when nobody looks?
– Always fixing my glam ~ my hair and makeup and making sure it’s on point especially when wearing our masks.
What historical event fascinates you the most?
– Space travel.
Name your favourite restaurant?
– Elephant Castle
Is there anything else you would like to tell us?
– I’m leaning into creating my dream sanctuary where I can finally be comfortable ~ so important to love the skin we are in.
Photography: Richie Shazam, New York, May, 2021