Name: Omar Sosa
Profession: Art director, Publisher and Graphic designer
Questionnaire: Omar Sosa
Describe yourself in a single sentence?
– I’m a 1,75cm tall, Spanish born male with dark curly hair.
What was your last thought before falling asleep last night?
– Breath through your nose. I’ve become aware of how bad I breath and trying to improve it.
What is the first thing you usually think about when you wake up?
– Keep up the good mood until the end of the day!
Describe your bedroom. What objects do you surround yourself with?
– Very spare, a mattress on the floor, a paper Noguchi lamp, another lamp for reading and two paintings.
What’s your favourite dessert?
– I prefer having dessert in between meals. I love fruit and dry cakes, not too sweet.
What do you dream about?
– I love to dream about flying. I’m obsessed with it, to the point that when I see a bird flying I feel an impeding need to do the same. Sometimes if lucky I can spend some hours flying at night and wake up happy and relaxed.
What historical event fascinates you the most?
– I’m very curious in general and any historical facts hook me immediately. My favorite are about the developments of last civilizations. I like to think human development is not a straight line. It goes back and forth.
How much luck have you had in life?
– Immense luck! I can’t say it enough.
What are you working on right now?
– It’s never one thing. At the moment preparing the next issue of apartamento, a collaboration with Magniberg, a book about the artist Nicola L, working on new packaging and identity for wellness LA based brand Moon Juice, another identity for a green mining company and wrapping up a big photoshoot for a phone company.
Who is your favourite musician?
– I really never had a favorite. My taste changes all the time and I like discovering new sometimes very obvious classic ones I’ve actually never came to know well.
What do you think about sports?
– I’d love to be a sports person but I am not. I love running because of its simplicity.
What is your most twisted fantasy?
– Poisoning the New York water supply with an enough dose of LSD or MDMA for enlightening people’s minds without causing any serious damage. If that can cause any.
Is there anything else you would like to tell us?
– I feel closer then ever to have achieved the balance between work and life I always wanted. The absence of physical meetings makes things harder sometimes but in my case it comes with a great sense of freedom than also translates in more productivity and better life balance. I have never been so productive working from my bed! I look forward for more physical interactions soon but I truly hope some things we’ve now implemented and work will stay forever.
Photography, Wai Lin Tse, Barcelona, February 2021